Friday, April 30, 2010

Forget Jakarta...

Forget Jakarta

Words and music by Adhitia Sofyan

 

About the song :

For all our love and hate towards the city of Jakarta.  


 I’m waiting in line to get to where you are

Hope floats up high along the way

I forget Jakarta

All the friendly faces in disguise

This time, I’m closing down this fairytale

 

And I put all my heart to get to where you are

Maybe it’s time to move away

I forget Jakarta

And all the empty promises will fall

This time, I’m gone to where this journey ends

 

But if you stay, I will stay

Even though the town’s not what it used to be

And pieces of your life you try to recognize

All went down

 

I travel the world to get to where you are

Strangers i met along the way

You forget Jakarta

Leaving all the lunacy behind

This time give me back my sanity

 

Yeah I’m still on my way to get to where you are

Try to let go the things I knew

We’ll forget Jakarta

Promise that we’ll never look behind

Tonight, we’re gone to where this journey ends

 

And all the pictures that you try to loose

Will follow you behind like ghosts do

And all the lies you try to keep

Have fall behind to catch you even more

... Adhitia Sofyan's second album still blew me away. he's like the God of indie music because he's the only indie musician who allowing his music (1st and 2nd album) to download for FREE! i super duper love him! ... and the reason why i posted his song entitled "Forget Jakarta" is because in 10 days i will leave Jakarta, for good. 

. . . I forget Jakarta

All the friendly faces in disguise

This time, I’m closing down this fairytale . . .

I've been living in Jakarta for over than 7 years. it's not easy for me to forget Jakarta. i know this city has its own flaws. Sometimes i did curse the traffic, mocked the city people over their arrogance but somehow i found out that i fell in love with Jakarta. deeply. 

... never thought that time does flies. 

i came to live here at 2002, i have lived my life ups and downs here. Friends come and go, so does love. I always thought that i'll be living here, get a decent job, a decent man and a decent future. but somehow, the future speaks different. i never thought that it would be this hard to leave this city. apparently, me loves Jakarta too much. too much that it's killing me hardly to forget Jakarta. 

... i don't want to. but i have to.

Dear you... 

Thank you for the sleepless night. Thank you for the endless crowded. Thank you for the thousand miles of walking around the malls. Thank you for the individualist life style which makes me an independent woman. Thank you for being imperfect so i would never ever forget all the memories here, thousands of it. I believes that you've changed me into a better person, better woman. 

. . . Maybe it’s time to move away

I forget Jakarta

And all the empty promises will fall

This time, I’m gone to where this journey ends . . .




 .... midnight sleepless


... years of struggling


.... endless road



... never say never.



 

No comments: